MILWAUKEE (AP) — The Brewers have rounded out manager

• Craig Counsell’s staff http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-randal-grichuk-jersey , bringing in Steve Karsay as bullpen coach to work with new pitching coach Chris Hook.Hook was promoted from pitching coordinator following 11 seasons in Milwaukee’s minor league system as an instructor. He’ll be joined by Karsay, an 11-year major league veteran who spent the past three seasons as pitching coach at Triple-A Columbus in Cleveland’s system. Karsay worked with Indians starters Michael Clevinger and Shane Bieber.Milwaukee also added Andy Haines as hitting coach. Haines spent one season as assistant hitting coach for the NL Central-rival Chicago Cubs. He was the Cubs’ minor league hitting coordinator from 2016-17.Haines also spent eight seasons with the Marlins organization, where he managed Brewers outfielder and NL MVP Christian Yelich in the minors.General manager David Stearns also announced Jason Lane would return as assistant hitting coach. Scott Barringer was named head athletic trainer. Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher Clayton Kershaw couldn't point to one thing that caused his struggles against the Boston Red Sox in Game 1 of the World Series on Tuesday:USA TODAY Sports usatodaysports#Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw on what went wrong in Game 1 of the #WorldSeries. 0mynAH6T8F"I made some mistakes, but you know, like I said Jose Bautista Jersey , my slider wasn't very good tonight, didn't have a lot of depth on it," Kershaw said. "Yeah, I made some mistakes in the zone, too Troy Tulowitzki Jersey , that they made me pay for. Yeah, just all the way around, it wasn't a great night."The Dodgers ace allowed five runs on seven hits in four innings in the Red Sox's 8-4 win.Manager Dave Roberts agreed on the problems with the pitcher's stuff Tuesday."Slider didn't have depth, fastball command wasn't there," Roberts said of Kershaw Marcus Stroman Jersey , per Arash Madani of Sportsnet.The left-hander finished with three walks in limited action, his most in any game this postseason. He walked more than one batter in a start only six times this season, and he had more than two walks only three times.These types of postseason struggles aren't new for Kershaw, as Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times noted:Bill Shaikin BillShaikinClayton Kershaws career postseason ERA: 4.28.He has pitched 145 career postseason innings. That is not a small sample size.Considering he has a 2.39 career ERA in the regular season, this is a significant drop for the three-time Cy Young Award winner.In the 2018 postseason http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-devon-travis-jersey , Kershaw has now failed to escape the fifth inning in three of his five starts, although the other two were absolute gems.There is no denying Kershaw is as good as they come when he's at his best. However, his inconsistency in the postseason has hurt the Dodgers once again.
    liny195

Message(s) : 61

Retour vers Le pilori

Information