scored twice and added an ass

• WASHINGTON -- Fabian Espindola scored twice and added an assist to lead D.C. United to a 4-1 victory over short-handed FC Dallas on Saturday night. Bobby Boswell and Sean Franklin also scored for the Washington club, which extended its unbeaten run to five matches and scored all four of its goals after the first-half ejection of Dallas defender Zach Loyd. Dallas Michel also was sent off late by referee Fotis Bazakos. D.C. forward and U.S. World Cup hopeful Eddie Johnson assisted on Espindolas first goal just before halftime, but left in the 51st minute with an apparent leg injury. Mauro Diaz put the visitors ahead early to extend Dallas streak of scoring at least one goal to seven matches. United improved to 3-2-2, and Dallas dropped to 5-2-1. But Dallas has conceded eight goals in its last three matches after allowing only six over its first five. United rarely looked like scoring, however, until Bazakos issued a second yellow card for Loyds slide tackle on Uniteds Davy Arnaud in the 39th minute. D.C. immediately seized momentum and pulled even deep into first-half stoppage time when Espindola headed in Johnsons outswinging cross. United then sealed things over a 10-minute span midway through the second half. Boswell put United ahead in the 60th minute when he hammered in a rebound after Chris Seitz saved Conor Doyles initial close-range shot. It was 3-1 three minutes later when Espindola split a pair of Dallas defenders on the left and chipped a cross toward Franklin, who side-footed his finish inside the right post. In the 69th, Espindola scored his second -- and his fourth of the season -- when he took Chris Rolfes feed on a counter attack and drove another low finish beyond Seitz. After snapping a 15-match streak without a victory that stretched back to August of 2013, United is now on its longest unbeaten run since it went seven unbeaten to close the 2012 regular season. Jose Reyes Jersey . -- Kurt Buschs Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, in some ways, was like his career wrapped into one afternoon. Lenny Dykstra Jersey . Manager Ryan Nelsen has confirmed Brazilian No. 1 Julio Cesar will be rested for Wednesdays first leg of the semifinal. That opens the door for Bendik, who started 33 games for Toronto last season. http://www.metsrookiestore.com/Mets-Wil ... ds-Jersey/. Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Jason Vargas Jersey . - Wesley Matthews got a chance to practice his bow-and-arrow 3-point celebration on Sunday night. Jeurys Familia Jersey . The three goals bring Messis career tally for Barcelona to 371 in all games -- including friendlies -- breaking the club record of 369 held by Paulino Alcantara since 1927. The 26-year-old Messi was already the clubs all-time leading scorer in official games. Messi assured Barcelonas fans they will enjoy his goals for years to come, saying "as long as people want me, I will stay here.PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. -- David Price didnt think he would be in Port Charlotte this spring. For much of the off-season, the Tampa Bay Rays ace expected to be traded. Instead, the 2012 AL Cy Young Award winner signed a one-year contract to remain with the only team hes ever played for, a huge deal for the small-market club. "It feels great. Everybody knows how much I love this organization and how much they love me. The way the cities of St. Petersburg and Tampa have treated me over the course of six or seven years has been nothing short of incredible," Price said Saturday. "I love it here. Im very comfortable. This is home for me." Theres still a chance that Price could get traded before the end of the season, but he thinks each day in Port Charlotte makes it less likely. "Right now, I dont think theres a very good chance of being traded because Im here in spring training," he said. "I felt like if I could make it to spring training, that would solidify my place on this team." Price isnt the only member of the Rays happy to see him return. His teammates say his contributions to the warm clubhouse atmosphere are as important as the pitches he throws.dddddddddddd "David has a great arm," new Rays catcher Ryan Hanigan said. "Ive watched him pitch a lot. His performances speak for themselves. Hes a great clubhouse guy, too. I got a text from him when I signed just saying, Ill have (the pitchers) ready for you. Thats awesome. Hes a leader." Manager Joe Maddon suggested the uncertainty of where the looming off-season would take him weighed heavily on Price last season. He went 10-8 with a 3.33 ERA. Maddon expects Price will enjoy this season much more and could return to his form from 2012, when he went 20-5 with a 2.56 ERA. "I can definitely see him not as edgy," Maddon said. "Hes more comfortable here. He believes hes going to be here. Last year was a difficult year, coming off all the awards and coming back with all the uncertainty." If Price does return to that 2012 form, it could lead to something very big for the Rays. "We have a very solid team right now from our outfield to our infield, which is always packed with Gold Gloves," Price said. "I feel like we have a very competitive team right now. Everybody in here has very high hopes for us." ' ' '
    lw789

Message(s) : 1600

Retour vers Hall of Fame

Information